Monday, November 15, 2010

I cooked...Martha's Malted Brownies!


I came across this recipe on one of my new favorite websites, www.foodbuzz.com. The recipe is actually from Martha Stewart, one of my tried and trusted sources for baking recipes. As requested, I have included (approximate) weights in grams!

1 cup/225g unsalted butter cut into small pieces
1 cup/125g all-purpose (plain) flour
10 oz/275g semi-sweet (dark) chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used chips)
1 cup/125g malted milk powder (Ovaltine)
1 1/2 cups/300g packed light brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees C). Butter and lightly flour a 9x13inch baking pan.

Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl, I used the microwave but you could do it over a pan of simmering water. Stir to combine and set aside.

Mix the flour and malted milk powder together in a medium bowl and set aside.

Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, whisk together the eggs and sugar for 2 minutes, until thick and fluffy.

Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture and the vanilla extract and whisk for another 30 seconds.

Using a spatula, fold in the flour and malted milk powder.

Pour into the pan and bake for 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Try to resist cutting the brownies until they are fully cooled as it will be a lot easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment